Identity Theft

study_cover.jpgIden­ti­ty theft is a bur­den and can be a very hard thing to deal with. Call­ing bank cards, social secu­ri­ty , Irs , check­ing cred­it it’s a lot. There are a few things you can do if you have become a vic­tim.. via

If you are a vic­tim of iden­ti­ty theft, the Fed­er­al Trade Com­mis­sion rec­om­mends these steps:

File a com­plaint with the FTC at
Con­tact one of the three major cred­it bureaus to place a ‘fraud alert’ on your cred­it records:
Equifax,, 800–525-6285
Exper­ian,, 888–397-3742
Tran­sUnion,, 800–680-7289
Con­tact your finan­cial insti­tu­tions, and close any finan­cial or cred­it accounts opened with­out your per­mis­sion or tam­pered with by iden­ti­ty thieves.

If your SSN is com­pro­mised and you know or sus­pect you are a vic­tim of tax-relat­ed iden­ti­ty theft, make sure you fol­low through with paper work you need to sub­mit. the IRS rec­om­mends these addi­tion­al steps:

Respond imme­di­ate­ly to any IRS notice; call the num­ber pro­vid­ed.
Com­plete IRS Form 14039, Iden­ti­ty Theft Affi­davit, if your efiled return rejects because of a dupli­cate fil­ing under your SSN or you are instruct­ed to do so. Use a fil­l­able form at, print, then attach the form to your return and mail accord­ing to instruc­tions.
If you pre­vi­ous­ly con­tact­ed the IRS and did not have a res­o­lu­tion, con­tact us for spe­cial­ized assis­tance at 1–800-908‑4490. We have teams avail­able to assist.

Hope that helps you out and sor­ry for the bur­den and long tedious process of it all. Good luck