MOST OF THE TAX BILL CHANGES DON’T TAKE PLACE UNTIL 2018 HERE ARE A FEW THINGS YOU CAN DO because ordinary income tax rates should be lower next year and many expenses will either no longer be deductible or will be less valuable in light of higher standard deductions in 2018. So may want to try a few of these 


1. Delay year-end bonuses or other compensation. Many employees cannot control the timing of compensation, but it never hurts to ask. Where shifting income from 2017 to 2018 is possible, lower marginal tax rates should apply in 2018.
2. Maximize retirement deferrals. Be sure to fully fund your 401(k) and/or IRA to further reduce gross income for 2017. We’ll discuss during tax season fully funding 2017 SEPs and other retirement accounts that can be funded up to April 15.
3. Business owners and consultants should delay billing. It isn’t proper to simply delay depositing checks received before year-end, but you generally won’t be paid for amounts you haven’t billed. Shift that mid- to late-December billing out until January 1.
4. Prepay state income tax. This deduction will be eliminated beginning in 2018, so pay the fourth quarter estimate that is dated January 2018 by December 31, 2017. This strategy, however, requires that you know your status regarding alternative minimum tax (AMT). If you will be subject to AMT in 2017, it is likely that prepaying your state taxes will not reduce your 2017 taxes. In that case, with no benefit in either year, it makes better financial sense to make the payment later.
5. Prepay property taxes. The deduction for property taxes is likely to be limited to $10,000 beginning in 2018. To the extent that you already have an assessment that isn’t due until after the first of next year, pay it by December 31. For taxpayers with high property tax bills and other large deductions such as mortgage interest and contributions, accelerating the 2018 property tax payment into 2017 may save a deduction due to disappear next year. Mid-range taxpayers may need a projection to see if this makes sense. And here again, the strategy won’t work for those in AMT in 2017.


Identity Theft

study_cover.jpgIdentity theft is a burden and can be a very hard thing to deal with. Calling bank cards, social security , Irs , checking credit it’s a lot. There are a few things you can do if you have become a victim.. via

If you are a victim of identity theft, the Federal Trade Commission recommends these steps:

File a complaint with the FTC at
Contact one of the three major credit bureaus to place a ‘fraud alert’ on your credit records:
Equifax,, 800-525-6285
Experian,, 888-397-3742
TransUnion,, 800-680-7289
Contact your financial institutions, and close any financial or credit accounts opened without your permission or tampered with by identity thieves.

If your SSN is compromised and you know or suspect you are a victim of tax-related identity theft, make sure you follow through with paper work you need to submit. the IRS recommends these additional steps:

Respond immediately to any IRS notice; call the number provided.
Complete IRS Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit, if your efiled return rejects because of a duplicate filing under your SSN or you are instructed to do so. Use a fillable form at, print, then attach the form to your return and mail according to instructions.
If you previously contacted the IRS and did not have a resolution, contact us for specialized assistance at 1-800-908-4490. We have teams available to assist.

Hope that helps you out and sorry for the burden and long tedious process of it all. Good luck


There are a few education credits you can take, which hopefully you know about if you have the student loan interest. You can’t take more then one credit or deduction for the same expense, no double dipping. So of those credits you can only take one. You aren’t allowed to to take two however you can deducts student loan interest and take an education credit.


Below are a few rules that shouldn’t be broken so rebels, we have to abide by these or

You’re not eligible to deduct student loan interest if you’re claimed as a dependent on somebody else’s TAXES. let’s say, if you claim your kid as a dependent and that they are paying the interest on a qualifying student loan, neither one among you’ll be able to take the deduction.

You can deduct up to $2,500 for interest you paid throughout the year on qualifying student loans, and you do not have to be compelled to itemize IN ORDER FOR this deduction. Qualifying academic loans are often taken on behalf of yourself, your mate, or your dependents. However, you can’t deduct interest on loans you’re not presently paying on – whoever pays the interest gets the deduction.


  • The determination of eligibility of an institution is made soley at the time that the loans are taken out – if they subsequently lose eligibility, it doesn’t affect whether you can deduct the loan interest.
  • You can very well deduct loan origination fees at the time the loan was actually made, as well as you being able to  deduct credit card interest if the credit card is used solely for eligible academic expenses.
  • You cannot deduct student loan interest if you or your significant other can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return, or if your filing status is married filing separately.
  • Your MAGI must be less than $80,000 (single, head of household) or $160,000 (married filing jointly)
  • You cannot deduct interest on a loan made to you by a relative or your employer.
  • The loan has to have been used to pay for tuition, fees, books, or housing expenses.
  • Housing expenses qualify only up to the actual cost of housing and meals at the university, or an amount determined by the educational institution that was included in the federal financial aid determination. (If the student took out extra loans to cover a higher housing expense than what was set as the allowance by the institution, those amounts are not eligible.)
  • If you paid more  the 600 dollar in interest you will get a 1098E form from the who ever you paid it to a interest statement