Tag Archives for " deadline "


The W-2 form reports an employee’s annu­al wages and the amount of tax­es with­held from his or her pay­check and is use to file your fed­er­al and state tax­es.


A W-4 is a form that indi­vid­u­als com­plete for with­hold­ing pur­pos­es, where a W-2 form is for employ­ers to actu­al­ly  fill out. The employ­er must pro­vide the employ­ee their W-2 form by a cer­tain date that is set by the IRS. A employ­er must legal­ly give out a w2 to any per­son who has worked for the com­pa­ny for any amount of mon­ey, does­nt mat­ter the amount. Also for those work­ing for any oth­er forms of com­pen­sa­tion.  The employ­er must send the employ­ee the W-2 Form on or before Jan­u­ary 31st each year so the employ­ee has ample time to file his or her tax­es before the dead­line, April 15. (depend­ing on irs)

W-2 is the most com­mon tax form, there are oth­ers that apply only to spe­cif­ic cir­cum­stances. Con­tract­ed employ­ees must fill out  a W-9 Form pri­or to work, and they are giv­en a 1099 Form by the com­pa­ny for which they pro­vid­ed ser­vice, but only if they com­plet­ed $400 worth of work or more. They are con­sid­ered con­trac­tors and have no tax­es tak­en out of the income they recieve through the year. Stu­dents receive a Form 1098 if they paid inter­est on col­lege tuition or a stu­dent loan that year.

The fields on a W-2 Form pro­vide  all types of income. There is a box that states the total amount of mon­ey the employ­ee made from that employ­er in the year, which is the same for fed­er­al and state. some of the oth­er field indi­cate the amount of tax­es that were with­held from the employee’s pay­checks, sep­a­rat­ed by fed­er­al income tax, social secu­ri­ty wages, social secu­ri­ty tax, and more. There are also fields that show how much mon­ey in tips the employ­ee report­ed for the year, which applies to any jobs that allow the employ­ee to col­lect tips. Like wait­ress or bar­tenders and such.

Some oth­ers things are the employ­ers EIN which is the EMPLOYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER.

It’s That Time Again June 15th!!


     YAY KIDS ARE OUT FOR THE SUMMER. I believe so but this is also the date that you if you have to pay your esti­mat­ed tax­es are due. 

  Don’t for­get if you send a check in to the IRS attach the 1040ES. There are mil­lions of peo­ple that need to get these in. These are sub­mit­ted 4 times a year. 
     If you still hap­pen to need more time, then you can send in IRS Form 4868 to get until Oct. 16 to file. Yes, that Octo­ber nor­mal exten­sion date is a day lat­er because the 15th this year is on a Sun­day. If you are any­thing like myself and if it wasn’t for pro­cras­ti­na­tion you wouldn’t get any­thing done, aren’t you excit­ed about that extra day. 
      Mail your them into the IRS with the address you can find on www.irs.gov. If you want you can elec­tron­i­cal­ly sub­mit the rent in. Returns can still be sumb­mit­ted that way. You make also file for free at freefile.com. That’s only if your income is below 64,000.